Any modular kitchen is useless without kitchen cabinets. Kitchen Cabinets are an internal part of your kitchen. They hold up the essentials along with arranging all of the things at their place without creating a mess all around in the kitchen. You will be surprised to know that the kitchen cabinet was invented in the 20th century.
Designed as built-in furniture to store cooking utensils, food, kitchen equipment, cutlery, etc. kitchen cabinets have evolved long to incorporate the best appliances like dishwashers and ovens to give a clean, stylish, and organized look to your busy kitchen.
Maintaining your Kitchen Cabinets:
Most of the kitchen cabinets are made up of wood, laminates, or veneers. The natural wood serves the ideal purpose of strength and durability while the laminates give a glossy look to your kitchen cabinets while reducing the bulkiness. The wood veneers are made up of thin sheets of wood together pasted on MDF that are sustainable and are available in matte and glossy finishes both.
Staying in the kitchen is, however, not as easy for the kitchen cabinets as they are exposed to the different cooking processes. You’re brand new kitchen cabinets may dull in a short duration if not taken care of. The spills from cooking, the opening, and closing by dirty hands, accumulation of vapours, oil, and grease are the main pollutants of your kitchen cabinets.
Make your Kitchen Cabinets Shine:
The following are the best ways to make your kitchen cabinets shine:
- A simple wiping with clean cloth: A simple wipe over the kitchen cabinets regularly is the first step that prevents the accumulation of dirt and grease on the surface of the kitchen cabinets. You can do it once in a day when you end your kitchen routine by collecting all of the wastage on the kitchen cabinets that are spread accidentally while you are busy cooking the best dishes. A clean cotton cloth works well with all types of kitchen cabinets. Take care of the handles as well which are the main point of contact with the users. You may occasionally use dish soap as well for lightly visible stains like curry droplets, sauce stains, etc.
- Use kitchen cabinet cleaners: You can choose any of the leading kitchen cabinet cleaners that are specialized in restoring the shine to your kitchen cabinets. These are the affordable cleaning solutions that work well on the surfaces of the kitchen cabinets. All you need to do is clean your kitchen cabinets and spray the kitchen cabinet cleaner over its surface. A gentle wipe with a clean cloth helps to restore the glossy look on your kitchen cabinets without much hassle. Be sure to go for a non-toxic kitchen cabinet cleaner to ensure the safety and hygiene of your cooking.
- Go hard with vinegar wash: If you don’t want to go for a dedicated cleaner for your kitchen cabinets, you can go for the vinegar wash that can be prepared easily at home only. All you need to do is mix one part of vinegar with hot water and use it as a spray on the dirty kitchen cabinets. Vinegar is a non-toxic alternative that makes your kitchen cabinets as good as new in no time. It is best to rest the solution for a minute or two before wiping it with a sponge.
- Let baking soda stain remover remove stubborn stains: The stubborn stains need a tough solution. Mix one part of olive oil in two to three drops of orange essential oil, and two parts of baking soda to make a thin paste in a bowl that is then directly applied on tough stains. Let it rest for five to six minutes and wipe out your kitchen cabinets with a sponge. Be ready to witness all-new shining kitchen cabinets with zero stains. It is another home-made solution to make your kitchen cabinets shine like new with zero new investment on their specialized cleaning.
- Polish them to perfection: The polish never fails in bringing the natural shine to the kitchen cabinets. All you need to do is clean your kitchen cabinets with a clean cloth and apply an even layer of polish all over their surface. Don’t forget the hard to reach areas. The kitchen cabinet polish further protects your wood from corrosion as it creates a barrier between the surface of kitchen cabinets and the users.
Just like a stitch in time saves nine, it is recommended to pay attention to your kitchen cabinets and make them shine with easy to do steps rather than ending up with degraded kitchen cabinets. Set a weekend, spare an hour, and start working on your kitchen cabinets to restore their shine and luster!