Flooring can be the next showstopper of your place. Do you know that creativity in flooring dates back to 5,000 years ago when the Egyptians developed stone construction? You can understand flooring as a simple cover over the main floor for better interiors and smooth walking space.
Thanks to the modifications of the technology and new manufacturing processes, you can choose from the different choices of flooring materials like carpeting, wood flooring, laminates, hybrid flooring, hard flooring, resilient flooring, seamless polymer flooring, or any sustainable flooring, etc. Modern architectures pay special attention to the flooring needs of the clients.
What is Luxury Vinyl Flooring?
Vinyl flooring is the ideal solution for homes and offices as they are easily available, highly affordable, and easy to maintain as well. Luxury Vinyl tiles or flooring is the newest member of the vinyl flooring family that replicates the designs of any possible material available in the world.
Whether you want to choose Italian slate tiles, wooden grain flooring, or any modern texture for flooring, luxury vinyl flooring can complete all of your needs in one go. No more cracking sounds while walking along with the choice in texture and designs makes luxury vinyl flooring the best out of all of the flooring options.
How to repair scratches on luxury vinyl flooring?
There can be multiple reasons like heavy furniture, appliances, dirt from outside, and non-compatible cleaning products that may leave tough scratches on your luxury vinyl flooring. Before you start repairing those unwanted scratches on luxury vinyl flooring, be prepared with the following tools and equipment:
- Sponge and clean clothes
- Warm water and normal water
- Dishwashing liquid
- Car rubbing compounds
The following is the step by step procedure to repair scratches on luxury vinyl flooring:
- Cleaning the floors: Cleaning is a must in the repairing process to protect the inclusion of dust and other particles in the repairing process. Hence, all you need to do is mix dishwashing liquid with warm water in a bucket. Use the sponge to clean the entire floor to eliminate debris inside the scratches. Warm water works well on any texture of luxury vinyl flooring. The results of cleaning should be sparkling luxury vinyl flooring. Make sure to let your luxury vinyl flooring dry properly before starting the repairing process.
- Sanding using medium sandpaper: The process of sanding ensures smooth luxury vinyl flooring without scratches. You have to be careful in the sanding process as you may end up ruining your luxury vinyl flooring. It is strongly recommended not to attach your sandpaper to a disc or orbital sander as they can run too quickly.
- Medium course p320 grit sandpaper: Start with medium course p320 grit sandpaper with simultaneous wiping and rubbing in the same direction of the scratches. You have to smoothen the ends of the scratches. The target is to rub out almost all of the scratch using p320 grit sandpaper.
- Finer p500 grit sandpaper: Now is the turn of p500 grit sandpaper. Use it in the circular motion at the scratch area specifically. This will help in the removal of wax from the top of the luxury vinyl flooring. Be cautious to do this seamlessly without much force to protect any unwanted damages to the luxury vinyl flooring.
- Final p800 grit sandpaper: This is the final step of sanding. Use p800 grit sandpaper gently over the scratch area. You have to ensure that the scratch area is smooth and in line with the level of the surface of luxury vinyl flooring.
- Washing of luxury vinyl flooring: It is important to wash your luxury vinyl flooring with water and clean cloth. This eliminates the accumulation of waste from sanding on the surface of luxury vinyl flooring. Let your floor dry before you move on to the next step.
- Waxing of luxury vinyl flooring: It is important to bring your luxury vinyl flooring back to its original shine and luster. Hence, you can use your car rubbing compound to wax the scratched luxury vinyl flooring. All you need to do is just pour a small amount of the car rubbing compound on a clean cloth and rub it gently over the scratched luxury vinyl flooring. You have to smoothly rub it unless your luxury vinyl flooring shines like new with no signs of scratches.
- Final wiping: Wipe out any excess wax compound or any other material and let your scratched luxury vinyl flooring dry before bringing back the furniture and other decor items at your place.
It is super easy to repair scratches on your scratched luxury vinyl flooring. No need to consult a professional as you can do the same with the best items located in your home only.